Pi Entertainment System (PES)¶
For ease of use on the Raspberry Pi, PES has been packaged into a SD card image using ArchLinux as the OS together with various emulators, Kodi and utilities including PlayStation 3 control pad support via Bluetooth to allow you to create your own games console. Support for Retro Achievements is included and you can use your TV remote to browse the user interface. Additional screen shots can be found in the Gallery.
Having used other emulation systems for the Raspberry Pi I decided to create my own set-up and user interface as a challenge, and to hopefully create an easy to use system. I hope you like it!
- Atari 2600
- Final Burn Alpha (FBA)
- Neo Geo
- Nintendo 64
- Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
- Nintendo GameBoy
- Nintendo GameBoy Advance
- Nintendo GameBoy Color
- Sega CD
- Sega Game Gear
- Sega Master System
- Sega Mega Drive (aka Genesis)
- Sega Mega Drive (aka Genesis) 32X
- Sony PlayStation
- Sony PSP (Raspberry Pi 2/3 only)
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
- Turbo Grafx 16 (aka PC Engine) / Turbo Grafx 16 CD (aka PC Engine CD)
- ZX Spectrum
- Cover art and meta data scraping
- Gaming achievement tracking thanks to RetroArchievements.org
- Easy to use interface
- Support for favourites and other search filters
- File sharing
- HDMI-CEC support
- Kodi included
- Raspberry Pi (Arm6) (md5sum: b24695b33051099aa1f47a82c80bcd5d, 1.1GB)
- Raspberry Pi 2/3 (Arm7) (md5sum: b8a2bef622c9561eacc6a95f1fbb73f2, 1.2GB)
PES 2.8 BETA
- Raspberry Pi 4 (Arm7l) torrent (1.3GB)
- Raspberry Pi 4 (Arm7l) (Direct) (md5sum: a95a8c848f86c04dfcf958355c9e21ac, 1.3GB)
PES images for use with BerryBoot are also available.
Once you’ve download your chosen image take a look at the Installation instructions.
24/09/2019: The PES 2.8 BETA for the Raspberry Pi 4 is now available for download (see above). Please note: the PSP emulator PPSSPP is not included at present. Thanks to Ginger Geek for lending me his Raspberry Pi 4. Feedback is welcome.
10/09/2019: A Raspberry Pi 4 version of PES is under development. Progress can be tracked at: https://github.com/neilmunday/pes/issues/41
04/09/2019: An issue with PES 2.7 Arm7 version not loading properly on the Rasperry Pi 4 has been reported and is under investigation. Other Raspberry Pi models are unaffeced.
06/08/2019: PES 2.7 is now available for download. This new version includes the fix for the RetroAchievements for SNES and MegaDive/Gensis games that was missed out from the previous PES 2.6 images as well as a fix a crash condition for the ROM update code when encountering certain characer encodings.